Wednesday, January 25, 2012

SMORGASBORD. I googled that.

Well, I really planned to be more frequent with blogging this year!  January is almost gone, and I'm still writing about Christmas time.  But I'm glad for the busy couple weeks.  Better busy than bored!
So here's a smorgasbord of things!

While in states, I made sure to spend a lot of time with my lovely, and dear friend, Katy.  We shared great conversations, laughter, and most importantly, each other's company!  We sorted through a box of folded up, wrinkled, and halfway torn notes, homework, and a few projects.  

From Junior High and High School. 

Oh dear.
  


Mr. Allison's 6th grade class project: "Chris and Heather." We got an A.

Katy was the inspired author, and I was the creative illustrator.  We were a good team!



So, that was a little walk down Memory Lane.  It's fun to wander there every once in a while :)  


Onto BAKING!
These:


That would be, Bolillos.  And my mom...is the World's Best Bread Maker.  Hands down.  





Oh, the SMELL OF BAKING BREAD.
She could open her own bakery.
Nothin' like crusty bread alongside a rustic, hearty soup.  Tuscan Garbanzo soup sounds so good right now.


Okay, moving onto something else! Once we can back to Germany, my friend {who was kind enough to watch our two dogs} informed us that one of the pups is an Escape Artist.  

This one.


Normally, these puppy dog eyes make me melt.  But not this time.  

Why not?  Because we're on fence number 4.  

All have been put up with skill and perfection, by my handy husband, but Wrigley outwits us, and is quite the clever little guy. Sneaking under, through, and over it; this mongrel is trouble.




  
Our neighbors put up the white fence the keep the three horses out of our yard.  Didn't work so well.  And oh did I kicked myself for not having the camera handy that afternoon. 

Well, that's that.  {I'm abrupt with these endings sometimes, aren't I?}  I'm still behind on a few blog postings, but when I find time, I'll write more!

I'm thankful for those of you who enjoy reading about what goes on in the Ogden Household!  Have I bored  you yet?


Here's one last picture of the 'mature one' of the two. Boomer has his moments, but it's rare.  


-Christine







No comments:

Post a Comment