Sunday, November 6, 2011

An Outrageous Task.


It's been a really beautiful week here in Stambach.  The autumn colors are at their fullest and brightest, and it simply takes my breath away when I'm surrounded by such vivid beauty.

As you might have guessed, I am documenting just about every moment of it.

{Please excuse squatting dog.}





Seeing something as stunningly gorgeous and splendidly colored as the fall leaves, leaves me practically insane to gobble up as many photos as I can.  

But something strange happens when I look at something so beautiful.  There's a desperate, kind of freak-out thing my brain does....because the one thing that makes my heart truly sink, is seeing a photographic moment---and it slipping away from you before you have a chance to capture it.  Heart. Crushed.  

And I feel this way about Autumn.  The colors burst into their fullest of glory {overnight!}, and only remain on the trees for one week!  So it's this hurried rush that I feel, in order to freeze all that beauty onto a photograph.  

This is my Numero Uno, stumbling block.


Camping out in the middle of the woods has crossed my mind.  Really, it has.  Pretty sure I could sit in one spot for the entirety of a day, shooting pictures in all different lights and weather.  I know, I can be a little dire sometimes ;)  

Nate is the greatest supporter of me and Mr. Canon7D, and yet he occasionally reminds me to just stop. Enjoy.  No pictures.

THIS IS HARD FOR ME.

But I've been convicted of my frenzied attempt to get it all on camera.  It's a greed, hunger, obsession, whatever you want to call it.  I realize how silly it is for me to think with desperation.  And it's much too daunting of a task!  Every nook and cranny of this countryside is Nat. Geo worthy.  Not that my photos are even remotely close to National Geographic standards, mind you.  But those of you who live in Deutschland know what I mean! 

So, feeling a little annoyed with myself, slightly crazy, frustrated and a bit cranky, a wonderful solution came to mind.  

Find autumnal items.     Multiple colors/shades.     Photograph.     Collage via Picasa.     voilà!



This is one way to capture and remember the year's autumn colors without fret or fear of missing out on any photo opportunities!  Really nothing new here...just a collage of pretty colors.  Well, new realization for me I guess.  My choleric-melancholy personality needs to take a BREAK sometimes.  It's exhausting!

Sorry for the long writing.  Read this:
{Habakkuk 2:14}
"For the earth will be filled with knowledge of the GLORY of the Lord..."
If little Stambach is "filled with such glory" I'm confident that wherever you are, God's glory is clearly defined.

Enjoy this final picture of what autumn has to offer...can't forget the purple sunsets.




Happy November, lovely people!

-Christine
  






1 comment:

  1. oh my word. i love those nature portraits against the wood. they are so gorgeous, especially together. want to sell some?

    ReplyDelete