Thursday, October 13, 2011

Anniversary Gifts.



October 12th will always be one of the BEST days in the year.  


{Aren't we cute?}


Some of the reasons (out of about one million) why I fell in love with Nate, is because he may possibly be the most oddly charming person I've ever met.


The goofier the gift, the better it is.  At least I think that's his logic...




I had a seriously good laugh when I came across this little package of love.


And hey, I can't complain!  Everything is useful and somewhat practical (eh, maybe not the Jäger.  Or the candy. Or the movie.)


Whatever!  It's the thought that counts.  The guy knows how to make me smile :)


He's great, I love him, I'll keep him.




"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil.  For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow.  But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!  Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone?  And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him--a threefold cord is not quickly broken."{Ecclesiastes 4:9-12}

The rewards of working together are always better than the end product of your own workings!  Note "toil."  Definition: to work extremely hard or incessantly.  {That doesn't mean that teamwork is a pleasant process the whole entire time.  I mean, let's be real here!}  


I have physically fallen on my face, and I'm amazed at how easily Nate can grab my arm and pull me up.  He's strong.  Scary strong.

At night, I am a leech for warmth.  So, yes without the 160 lb. heater next to me, I'd freeze.

Any believing couple out there knows that this world (aka: the devil's playground) is out to get us, and rip marriages apart.  Thankfully with God being our ever constant help, this strand-of-three plans to keep on keepin' on!  Bring it.



I thank the Lord every single day for his goodness in giving me my hubby.  He's pretty darn special, wouldn't trade him for the world.


Thanks for reading, peeps.  Hope all you married lovers out there can stop and appreciate the tangible gift standing/sitting/lying next to you!!  God is so good to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment